Sheriff of Nottingham + Merry Men Bundle:
Sheriff of Nottingham + Merry Men Bundle
Sheriff of Nottingham
Prince John is coming to Nottingham! Players, in the role of merchants, see this as an opportunity to make quick profits by selling goods in the bustling city during the Prince’s visit. However, players must first get their goods through the city gate, which is under the watch of the Sheriff of Nottingham. Should you play it safe with legal goods and make a profit, or risk it all by sneaking in illicit goods? Be mindful, though, as the Sheriff always has his eyes out for liars and tricksters and if he catches one, he very well may confiscate those goods for himself!
In Sheriff of Nottingham, players will not only be able to experience Nottingham as a merchant of the city, but each turn one player will step into the shoes of the Sheriff himself. Players declare goods they wish to bring into the city, goods that are secretly stored in their burlap sack. The Sheriff must then determine who gets into the city with their goods, who gets inspected, and who may have their goods confiscated!
Do you have what it takes to be seen as an honest merchant? Will you make a deal with the Sheriff to let you in? Or will you persuade the Sheriff to target another player while you quietly slip by the gate? Declare your goods, negotiate deals, and be on the lookout for the Sheriff of Nottingham!
Sheriff of Nottingham is the first game in the Dice Tower Essentials Line from Arcane Wonders.
Sheriff of Nottingham Merry Men:
Sheriff of Nottingham: Merry Men contains five modules that can be added to the base game, as well as the option of including a sixth player. The five modules are:
- Deputies: In six player games, you may use two Deputies instead of a single Sheriff. Here, both deputies must decide to search bags or let people pass, and they will share the punishments and rewards. If a deputy disagrees with the other and searches a bag, they will receive the punishment or reward by themselves.
- Merry Men: Adds new illegal goods in the form of ‘merry men’ characters. If they are successfully smuggled in, players will reveal it and activate its special ability.
- Black Market: Adds three sets of bonus cards that display illegal goods. The first player who successfully smuggles in the indicated goods receives the bonus cards and a large reward.
- Laws: Sheriffs must draw three law cards and choose two to keep. The chosen laws are in play for the entire round.
- Special Orders: Special order cards indicate combinations of one legal and one illegal good. If players can smuggle both of those items in the same bag, they get that card, which provides them with bonus gold.